In What’s Going On? eDiscovery and FRCP Amendment Implementation-- Practice and Precedent, Christine Chalstrom will profile the Amendments that went into effect December 1, 2015, review key caselaw since then, and highlight best practices relating to the Amendments and eDiscovery. She will focus on:
• The evolution of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure on eDiscovery, and
• Rules 1, 16, 26, 34, 37 eDiscovery foundational caselaw.
In her post-December 1, 2015 review of caselaw, she will address:
• Takata Airbag's ruling on redaction of irrelevant information,
• Henry v. Morgan Hotel's decision disallowing discovery from plaintiff's prior employers,
• Bazzi v. YP Advertising & Publishing's holding requiring metadata production, and
• Other cases and ideas about cooperation in practice including guidance on best practices.
The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) Advisory Committee stated that the Amendments could be described in two words “cooperation and proportionality”, and in one phrase “sustained, active, hands-on judicial case management”. Listen to What’s Going On? eDiscovery and FRCP Amendment Implementation-- Practice and Precedent and see if you agree with those descriptors.
View Full Webinar Details